Svojim đacima uvek kažem da su članovi uvek „najčupaviji“, nikada niste načisto da nećete da pogrešite. Naravno, postoje pravila ali i sijaset izuzetaka. Računam da osnove znate, pa evo samo malog podsetnika:
THERE ARE NO ARTICLES IN THESE PHRASES
-By car, by bus, by train, by plane, on foot, by bicycle…
-Go to bed, go to school, go to work, go to town…
-At home, at school, at work…
-After lunch, have breakfast…
-Months of the year: April, October…..
-Names of the countries:England,France,Greece BUT The United States , The United Kingdom…
-Seasons- I like winter best. BUT – The winter of 1976 was very cold.
-Street Names – Fifth Avenue…
WE MUST USE – THE- IN THESE SITUATIONS
– Ordinal numbers : the first, the second, the third,….the tenth…… the twentieth….
– Superlatives: the biggest river, the tallest boy, the most interesting book…..
– The names of the rivers: The Nisava, the Thames, theNile……
– Unique –one and only in the world: The Moon, the Sun, the Earth, the sky, the world.
– The names of the cinemas: the Odeon, the Sava centar
– Historic buildings: The Eiffel Tower, , The Tower bridge…..
– The names of the newspapers; the Times, the Novosti, the Lisa
– The names of the museums: The British museum, the National gallery….
– The family names- represent the whole family; the Atkins, the Smiths, the Fords
– The names of the musical instruments: the piano, the guitar, the violin…
I ARTICLES A, AN, THE, /
- There is _____ car in the street. ___ car is red and very big.
- Give me _____pencil. Give me _____pencil with a blue eraser on the top.
- May I have ____apple and _____glass of____ water.
- ___ apple I ate was very tasty.
- Do you like _______cheese? No, I don’t but I like ____milk.
- Does your sister like ____chocolate?
- _____ milk is white.
- _____ cows are_____ animals.
- ______cheese we ate yesterday was very good
- ______milk in ____ fridge is fresh.
- ______lunch is at one o’clock. ____lunch on Sunday was at 4 o’clock.
- _____breakfast is very important.
- I have ______ dinner at home but my brother always goes out.
II COMPLETE WITH A , AN, THE, /
- _______spring is my favourite season. Then I usually don’t go to ____school by____bus . I go ____foot instead. I like ____April best. ____trees are green again and you can smell___flowers.
- ____people in ____England and ____United States talk ____English.
- ____Danubeis ____longest river in ____Europe.
- During the day ____Sun is shining in ____sky and at night _____Moon comes out.
- ____Browns are very funny family. They like many things. They like__ museums, especially____ British museum but they also like _______football, and ___ rock music. ___ oldest son plays_____ violin and ____ youngest plays ____guitar. ____Browns like to watch____movies and they often go to ____cinema, usually ____Odeon. Every day Mr____Brown buys _____Times, ____ only newspaper ____ family really likes to read.